One of the essential realities, for most people, is they don’t like a BULLY, for a wide – variety, of reasons! Whether, one supports, and/ or, opposes, President Trump, and his ideas, approaches, etc, any objective observer, based on his history of rhetoric/ vitriol, finger – pointing, blaming and complaining, and, manner/ manners, and, especially, after his recent debate performance, would have to agree, Mr. Trump, is, either, a bully, or acts, like one! Most people state, they seek leaders, who proceed, with a combination, of, absolute integrity, and genuine empathy, in a relevant, service – oriented, manner, consistently! Without this, why should most people, believe, trust, and/ or, follow any leader? With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means, and represents, and why it matters.
1. Benefits; beliefs; behavior, bad; bonds; better/ best: Why do we tolerate bad behavior, from those, who are supposed to be serving, and representing, our best interests, instead of their personal/ political agenda, and/ or, self – interest? Citizens deserve better benefits, and empathy, to support the essence of their, and the nation’s beliefs, and ideology! Quality leadership bonds people, together, for the greater good, and seeks, a meeting – of – the – minds, in order to unify, rather than polarize!
2. Urgings/ urgent/ urge; unusual/ usual; upsetting; uplifts: While the behavior and actions of a bully, are, often, upsetting, we would be better served, by someone, who urges us, in an uplifting manner! The leader, we need, should differentiate urgent, from trivial matters, relevant from unimportant, etc, and be able to handle, both, the usual, as well as, unusual challenges!
3. Listen; loser: When Donald Trump, originally, ran for President, he promised, to make America, so great, some would feel, we were experiencing, too much winning! However, in – office, he has called anyone who disagrees with him, or disputes his statements, Fake News, and a loser! Instead, a real leader, would, consistently, prioritize, effective listening, and learning, from every conversation, and experience!
4. Leadership: Name – calling, declaring things to be, Fake Facts, appearing to be, a bully, etc, is not quality leadership! What has happened to the essentials of American ideology, and ideals?
5. You; yes; yellow: Being a bully, isn’t evidence of being strong, and/ or, powerful, but, rather, it is akin, to being, a, so – called, yellow – belly! We need public officials, who say, yes, to you, and your needs, and best interests, instead of theirs!
Wake up, America, and seek leaders, who focus on the principles, based on the Constitutional guarantees, especially, liberty, freedom, and justice, for – all! Will you demand better, every time, you vote? It’s up to you!