While, voters often vote – for, individuals, who, fail – to serve their best – interests, if, we hope, to avoid, electing individuals, lacking any desire to serve and represent us (our interests), and only, serving their own personal/ political agenda, and/ or, self – interests, they must start, examining, considering, and accurately, determining the essential quality of their CHARACTER! Consider, whether, a candidate, seems, to make things, all – about – him, or, is willing to effectively listen, and learn, from every conversation, and experience, to discover the perceptions, priorities, needs, etc, of their constituents, and proceed, with genuine empathy! Do they appear, to maintain, absolute integrity, or change the narrative, as they believe, it benefits their purposes? Do they assume personal responsibility, for their actions, and behaviors, or resort to blaming, and complaining, and passing – the – buck? With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means and represents, and why it matters.
1. Clarity; creative; cooperate; coordinate: Does someone proceed, with significant clarity, and have a willingness, and ability, to create, for the greater good? Choose someone, who focuses on cooperating, and coordinating, towards a meeting – of – the – minds, rather than polarizing!
2. Healing; head/ heart: Avoid anyone, who doesn’t make healing, the highest priority! To do so, it is important to use, both, one’s logical, as well as emotional components, in a head/ heart balance!
3. Attitude; attention: One shouldn’t be a leader, if he doesn’t possess a positive, can – do, attitude, and is able, and willing, to pay keen attention, to the options and alternatives, to improve things, and make a difference, for the better!
4. Realistic; reasons: Constituents, only, benefit, when their leader, proceeds, forward, in a realistic way, and articulates a clear message, stating the reasons, to choose a specific option, and why, he might, be the right leader, to make a true change, for the better!
5. Aptitude; articulate: It takes a relevant, well – developed, aptitude, and skill – set, in order to be able to articulate the most applicable message, for the common good!
6. Cheer; choices: Shouldn’t the choices made, focus on bringing, cheer, to his constituents, and making things better, by effectively, creating a strategic, and action plan, which might, address their perceptions, priorities, etc!
7. Timely; time – tested: Combining, well – considered, time – tested wisdom, strategically, and avoiding procrastination, by taking timely action, to bring about necessary changes, makes better leadership!
8. Empathy; emphasis; excellence: Great public leaders must effectively listen, and learn, so they might proceed with genuine empathy, and place their emphasis, where it will do the most good! He must never accept good – enough!
9. Relevant; responsible; responsive: Just doing something, or looking busy, serves little purpose, unless it emphasizes relevant needs, goals, perceptions, and priorities, and, brings – about, responsible, responsive planning, and actions!
If a candidate doesn’t possess a quality CHARACTER, it won’t magically, appear, after he’s elected! Wake up, America, and don’t get fooled, again!